Petey, There is nothing noble, humorous or admirable about giving up the fight before you start. Aside from the people here, I also know of other people without insurance that had this disease and got the treatment they needed. Call your nearest CCC--walk out on an yone who tells you you have to wait and see. You don't have time for that.

Also I see from what you posted elsewhere that you have BOT cancer and believe you will have to have your enture tongue removed as a result. That is probably NOT the case--many people here have had their BOT cancer treated with rad and chemo alone and had no surgery whatsoever. Don't make assumptions about how bad a quality of life your treatment will leave you with until you actually se an expert in the field!

Second, I am here to tell you from first hand experience that even if you are one of the rare people on this board who end up with some significant qulity of life issue, like problems swallowing or speaking, there is still a heck of a lot more life to enjoy than you will have dying from this disease without a fight!

You can cover your actions with humor and bravado and blame at the system but what I hear, probably what many of us hear when we read this, is fear. Remember we've been there and we've gotten through it and you can too. Remember too that in this case what you should be fearing more is how your life will end without treatment. There will not much quality of life there. Really.

Nelie

SCC(T2N0M0) part.glossectomy & neck dissect 2/9/05 & 2/25/05.33 IMRT(66 Gy),2 Cisplatin ended 06/03/05.Stage I breast cancer treated 2/05-11/05.Surgery to remove esophageal stricture 07/06, still having dilatations to keep esophagus open.Dysphagia. "When you're going through hell, keep going"