Hello Everyone!!!

It's a Beautiful Day here in So. Florida, 76 degree's and sunny, clear skies. I'm gonna go walk on the beach and reflect after I write this.
Maybe take a dip. Water temp is 76 degrees, a little chilly for us natives.

This post is one of life, not death. A little sad, but way funny. If PeteyB wrote it, you know it's got to be a HOOT!

First things First. I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all your Love & Support! No words can express my gratitude.

As most of you know I've been fighting to get treatment because I have no medical insurance. I can see now the PERILS that lie ahead.

My cancer is way advanced. I had already made up my mind to not get treatment, as "the cure is worse than the disease" as some say. BUT THIS FORUM MADE ME TRY! No one wants to die, but we were all born to die. It's just a fact of life.

And no one wants to kill themselves, they just want to kill their pain...

You all wanted me to fight, and convinced me to try. Only to be dragged thru the mud of social services. YOU ALL KNOW MY STORY.

After my last knock down, drag out phone fight, and no return calls from so called "help lines", I have decided to spend my last days being Happy and Worry Free.

Yep, I Quit. I'm taking my bat and ball and going home, so there!

I'm getting all my affairs in order. My utmost concern is for my lovely wife, Melanie. It's hard to say she will be "fine", so I will say she will be "ok". She says the kids are traumitized, but I have spoke with them, and they accept my choice of quality of life vs. treatment. Melissa 23 Born on Easter '84, Peter 21 born on Christmas (who always got his B-day party and presents, we were adament about that!) Robert 19, due date July 5th but we were hoping the 4th, labor induced on the 17th. I remember my wife screaming at the doctor " if you wait any longer, you will have to cut my baby out"!

Our relatives alway teased us that "we would do anything" to avoid a family dinner. laugh

Anyway, I'm smelling the roses and giving more hugs. Planning one of my "GREAT EASTER DINNERS".

I'm also plannig a "BIG CELEBRATION OF LIFE PARTY", another, "ONE FOR THE BOOKS" as I like to say. No crying, only laughter and fond memories, and old stories.

My only worry is pain meds. Also, you will here/read about me as I bring "world Wide" attention to Oral Cancer, and the OCF, and how social services failed me!, at my final destination at the new "skywalk" in the Grand Canyon, many months from now, give or take a few.

I'm gonna book a "flight" with Euthanasia Air Travel at the Grand Canyon in Arizona, upclose and very personal.

I've had a great life, and it ain't over till it's over. So many people never had the chance to do as much as I have. Some more, but I'm Happy! smile

Here's a few of my "best moments"! laugh

Being coined "the six pack kid" by my inlaws because they lived in a "dry house".
Getting thrown out of a hospital for making my friend with 4 broken ribs laugh to much, maybe they were right, he did have tears in his eyes.
Switching names with my best friend for our Senior year book pictures.
After skinny dipping, explaining to a sherrif that we were diving our motorcycles nude around the lake to dry off, as we were only "cutting" 2nd & 3rd periods, and we were returning to school. He just shook his head, said he'd "buy that" and got in his car and left.
Recalling to my mother with a smirk on my face, 20 years after the fact, how I lied to her to avoid being grounded, only to be slapped.
Eliminating a traffic jam while driving to the Jersey Shore on the Garden State Parkway in 1974 by putting 3 cars abreast and driving 5 MPH for a half hour, then cruising at 55 all the way to Seaside Heights.

You guys keep fighting and encouraging others to do so. I may have surrendered my battle, but I'm still in THE WAR!

If I had Three Wishes they would be: No Diseases, No Hunger, and No Wars.

Favorite song: 'IMAGINE' by John Lennon, it says it all.

Love, Hope, and Prayers to All.

PeteyB smile

DX 3-21-07 L tongue,SCC Stage IV (T3N2MO) TX Slash/Burn/Poison Method.
***Rapid Aggressive Recurrence 8-4-07 with same DX/TX. Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. Never Give Up! ****UPDATE**** Our dear friend Petey passed away, RIP 9-2-07