Petey:
I know you've already got a heavy dose of this, but shame on you. You are being selfish to give up like that. You will be gone and your family will be left with the anguish, guilt, and sadness. I know because I am speaking from experience. It has been 10 years since my dad died from esophogeal cancer. To this day I couldn't tell you the stage or what his chances were, I just know that he chose to give up and there was no convincing him otherwise. I stupidly believed what he said to be his only option and didn't try anything else. He denied us the experience of continuting to have a father. After ten years, I am still deeply saddened by this loss. At some point, I realized that it's one thing to miss a person. True loss is what will never be--he'll never be able to participate in our life events, big and small. So, I ask you please to consider your family, your wife and your kids. I'm sure they want you to fight and to be here for them and for yourself!

Many people on this forum had a much worse dx/personal situation and made it through. Remember--insurance isn't the commodity that you need right now. It's health care. Do whatever you have to do to get it. Don't die from a terminal case of pride.

Chris

Wife & CG to Joe.