Petey,

You had better be kidding...something like a phone scam, possibly a "forum" scam. How can you give up when you haven't even started the battle. That isn't much of an example to set for your family, or for the rest of us out here fighting the fight. At some point in ones life, we all may need to "resolve ourselves to the inevitable". I don't think that you can possible convince yourself or anyone else that you're there yet. I haven't seen one piece of evidence yet that your condition is beyound hope. What am I missing here? Please, at least get yourself to the next step and see if there is any fight left in you. In six months, I'm looking forward to coming down and having a beer with you. I can't do that if you're not around. I'd reach out and smack you right now if I could.

I was a T3,N2 (stage3),and was never given anything but hope and encouragement by my doctors at Beth Israel in NY. I had my 1 1/2 year checkup yesterday and was told that everything looked great and that my prognosis was now at about 90%. If you get yourself to the right facility I think that you'll also come away encouraged and ready to go toe to toe with the devil. I'm willing to call my doctors and see if they have any ideas or suggestions. I don't know if they would take you on or not, but if they would, are you willing to get your happy ass up here and prove that you've got some fight left in you. Call me at 732-687-3518. As long as you're willing, I'm prepared to stand next to you in this battle.

Rob Jaffe

6-05, Left Tonsil-T1N2bM0 stageIVA, chemo(Cisplatin), radiation(6660cGy), neck disection, no PEG. HPV negative. (Doc suspects posit)
3-9-09 last of 30 HBO treatments.