Well, at least my mammogram came back lovely and normal☺. Called in to check for early openings for my ultrasound, next interventions in my mouth. I am confused as to why no one seems to think that this is serious. An un healing macerated lump with swelling in my lower lip/chin seems serious to me. Before I became a psychiatric technician and worked with seriously mentally ill incarcerated felons, I worked as an LVN in hospice and before that on a CCU . With many, many CA patients, of many kinds, as well as patients with other end stage diseases. As well as chronic illnesses. With over 30 years of experience in healthcare, I am not saying I am a physician, I know enough to appreciate what I don't know, but I have a certain bit of instinct about things that "don't look right" especially when it's 2 years of "doesn't look right" and now I am losing weight. I just don't like it. My labs are fine, but metabolic issues may not yet be affected in any case. Sigh, I don't mean to complain, but I do not want to dump this on my husband as he is 17 years older than I and has type 1 diabetes and associated co-morbidities which I help him manage. I've always been the care giver, not the care reciever☺ not that I am saying that I may be now. I mean this could be auto immune, I do have a failed thyroid, it could be fungal, though it does not have that appearance, it could be scar tissue, could be...could be...
I should perhaps try and access another physician for quicker tests? But crappy insurance and small town. And... as I said, if it's been 2 years, I guess 3 more weeks.

I am going in for biopsy/ultrasound of my lower lip/chin area. I have a hard lump on the interior mucosa, just below my lower lip, causing numbness, tingling, and swelling of my lower lip and other areas surrounding the hard lump. This has been going on for about 9 months. I had an oral biopsy last year but it was negative...this is strange.