Having been reconstructed internally 3 times in my abdominal and pelvic organs, and once externally, I know how to get through surgery,☺, reconstruction, learning to eat again after major gut/stomach reconstruction. How to keep nutrition/hydration/vitamins and minerals going in when your ability to get intake is severely compromised. Pain management, etc. This issue us a bit more frightening to me because the post surgical care, wound management, pain, nutrition/hydration issues seem so much more difficult. I know I'm borrowing trouble here. I'll stop the worry train and just express gratitude for the information, guidance and kindness I see among everyone here. Either way, there is always a path forward, this I know after working for 30 years in healthcare.

I am going in for biopsy/ultrasound of my lower lip/chin area. I have a hard lump on the interior mucosa, just below my lower lip, causing numbness, tingling, and swelling of my lower lip and other areas surrounding the hard lump. This has been going on for about 9 months. I had an oral biopsy last year but it was negative...this is strange.