Thank you Christine and gmcraft, I am just a little frustrated from this long weird issues with my mouth. At first , with the deep ache and burning, lip swelling and white patches, I suspected "burning mouth syndrome " due to inability to absorb vitamin b12 because of 2 major gastric surgeries. So I began a series of vitamins shots and so on. No luck... then the growth of this pea sized lump in my lower lip became noticeable to me this last month in addition to the patches and swelling and burning. I hope that this is somehow related to my gastric surgeries having caused disruption to my mucosa. I have struggled with thrush and loss of tooth enamel because of losing most of my stomach (90%) and my duodenum and part of my jejunum. So i deal with a lot of digestive/oral/pain issues a lot. I guess my questions are just not that answerable yet, just, hoping that this is some weird little scar. So thankful for this site, even though I am not an oral cancer patient, I have been so helped here.

I am going in for biopsy/ultrasound of my lower lip/chin area. I have a hard lump on the interior mucosa, just below my lower lip, causing numbness, tingling, and swelling of my lower lip and other areas surrounding the hard lump. This has been going on for about 9 months. I had an oral biopsy last year but it was negative...this is strange.