[quote=Bart]I don't know if any of you reading this can appreciate the ironic humor, but I've had pretty noticible tinnitus for decades prior to getting any chemo. And then I got Cisplatin, which upped it about 50%

The irony is that my tinnitus sounds just like being all alone in a forest clearing just before sunset. I can clearly hear crickets, katydids, tree frogs and other evening, forest-settling-down sounds.

For decades, I've used my tinnitus as "white noise" to help me get to sleep!

Wow - you are just bad ass, man. That tinnitus is one thing I couldn't seem to deal with. It kind of made my head spin at its worst and I thought it was e hardest part of post Cisplatin. I really felt, I addiction to nauseated all the time, like my head was full of pea soup and just reeling ex whole time!n that you can treat it so easily is impressive! I Bo before you -- you really can make lemonade from lemon sludge!

The Hellion

For those suffering from tinnitus, my observation is that eventually it fades into background noise if you direct your attention elsewhere when it bothers you. [/quote]

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs
7/17/15 began Pembrolizumab clinical trial demitted October 2015
1/14/16 began Tremi-MEDI trial