Im so sorry you have been struggling!!! Most of us have been down that road and its not easy at all. I have a tip that may help but I need to advise you its a bit gross.

For those who have a feeding tube and are dealing with throwing up, there is a trick I learned by accident. This works especially well when patients have super sore throats and can barely swallow a sip of water. Its unimaginable to think about puking when your throat feels like its full of razor blades. Go into the bathroom and lean over the sink and open your feeding tube. This can very quickly remove whatever you were going to throw up without it having to go thru your throat. Just remember whatever you lose needs to be put back in. This can easily become a vicious cycle leading to dehydration. If this is something you are going thru, ask your doc to write a prescription for hydration at least 3 times a week in the chemo lab. By taking a little extra time to get a couple bags of fluids can do wonders and help the patient to feel so much better almost instantly.

Hellion, I hope by now you are feeling a little more like yourself. We are in your corner thru this whole battle.

Best wishes!!!

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy