[quote=TheHellion]I can't say I feel great, but I feel a lot better. Only two more f the Cisplatin to go, so that's good. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not a total loser for struggling so hard. It can definitely feel like you are when you're laid out shivering, nauseated and in the ER getting fluids while the nurses and doctors gather round to tell you not to let yourself get dehydrated. For those of us that have always gone our own way, always handled our problems by ourselves, this whole thing feels very debilitating. It's good to know I'm not the only one that got his face kicked in by the treatment.[/quote]

Hellion, going through Cisplatin and Radiation together was definitely the worst part of the whole experience from my perspective, so you have absolutely no reason to feel like a loser for any reason, especially not that!

I spent the entire time feeling like my stomach was completely full of liquid, sloshing around, and that if I drank another swallow of any kind of liquid, it would bring everything up. Oddly enough, that's exactly what did happen the several times I tested it. My cousin "Ralph" and I had daily communication sessions around the great porcelain communicator, and I lost 38 lbs as a result. I hate to complain, but that was simply miserable.

You're not out of the "Fun Zone" yet, but you can see the egress, and before long, this will only be an unpleasant memory. Hang in, little brother, you're doing fine, you'll make it!

Bart

My intro: http://oralcancersupport.org/forums/ubbt...3644#Post163644

09/09 - Dx OC Stg IV
10/09 - Chemo/3 Cisplatin, 40 rad
11/09 - PET CLEAN
07/11 - Dx Stage IV C. (Liver)
06/12 - PET CLEAN
09/12 - PET Dist Met (Liver)
04/13 - PET CLEAN
06/13 - PET Dist Met (Liver + 1 lymph node)
10/13 - PET - Xeloda ineffective
11/13 - Liver packed w/ SIRI-Spheres
02/14 - PET - Siri-Spheres effective, 4cm tumor in lymph-node
03/15 - Begin 15 Rads
03/24 - Final Rad! Woot!
7/27/14 Bart passed away. RIP!