Ah yes, the WaterPik (TM)! I love this thing and have been using it since I started. I mix in a half teaspoon of baking soda and put it on 1 or 2 and let the water dig around in all the gums then I try to jet off any of the sore and icky bits from my mouth, cheeks and gums. Hurts like hell, sometimes, but I do get to see those lovely slimy bits of sloughs skin and blood hit the sink in tiny, satisfying little droplets!

My number one life support caregiver (my ridiculously lovely, patient, remarkably spectacularly beautiful wife) ordered the tongue scraper today -- We didn't know that existed.

As always, she's there and she's so spectacular and now she has to put up with a rather moody (if I'm honest) rather unpleasant patient. It's so not fair and I hate that I sometimes snap at her. I don't mean to take any of this out on her, but my patience is not always what it once was, and, if I'm also honest, it was never my best trait.

So thanks for all the advice. The thrush mess seem to be helping a bit, at least the Rocky Mountain Mouthwash no longer brings me to tears after my brushing/WaterPik (TM) adventures. No it just makes me whine like a puppy. Hopefully a couple of more days of the medicine and it will be more under control.

Monday is chemo round 2. Wish me luck!

The Hellion

SCC Base of Tongue
Diagnosed 3/5/2014 T2N2C
PEG Installed 3/19/2014
Chemo/Rad 3/27/2014
1x Cisplatin, 4+ TaxoCarboplat + 33 * 70 gy
Chemo FINISHED 5/5/2014
Rads FINISHED
PEG tube removed 10/08/14
Back to work 4 Aug full time
1/19/15 - diagnosed mets to lungs