It happens. As I said in many of my posts, chemo can mess you up sooner, worser than radiation to some extent, and is not to be underestimated. It's good your doctors were monitorng you, and switched to carboplatin, taxol, although they are all poisons, have side effects. Carboplatin will be given by your weight, I had 100mg, and the taxol may be low dose.

I had 5 days high dose TPF Induction chemo with Taxotere, Cisplatin, and 5-FU in 2009, which in one week is more chemo than is given in 7 weeks treatment. The bad part with this is once it is given you can't take it back, adjust, change, and I was one that had a bad side to it on the 6th day when I went home, and lucky to have survived, but it prevented me from further treatment, even other chemo's for years, and still suffer it's side effects, some which are permanent. The same with the three large bag Cisplatin some do not get the 3rd bag, and even the weekly cisplatin some do not complete the last one or two.

I had Erbitux and Taxotere for another treatment with radiation in 2012, and after three weeks the Taxotere was stopped due to worsening my neuropathy, anemia. You also have to watch out "hand and foot syndrome" eye infection due to blockage of tear duct with Taxotere, and is more likely to cause hair loss, thinning than Cisplatin or carboplatin do, but grows back.

My last treatment in December/January, I had carboplatin with radiation, which was easier than all the others for me.

Good luck.

10/09 T1N2bM0 Tonsil
11/09 Taxo Cisp 5-FU, 6 Months Hosp
01/11 35 IMRT 70Gy 7 Wks
06/11 30 HBO
08/11 RND PNI
06/12 SND PNI LVI
08/12 RND Pec Flap IORT 12 Gy
10/12 25 IMRT 50Gy 6 Wks Taxo Erbitux
10/13 SND
10/13 TBO/Angiograph
10/13 RND Carotid Remove IORT 10Gy PNI