Hi all, Well had the neck dissection surgery last Wednesday and it went pretty well. Waiting on the path results but she feels like it is stage III since it moved from the tongue to nodes. The tumor was the size of an egg and was attached to a main muscle so that had to go too. Spent 2 nights in the hospital and now home resting and recovering. Everyone says the incision looks really good but I think it looks like I was in a night fight. Cut from ear to throat on the left side but she thinks she got it all, so trying to stay positive. I'll see the RO next week to set rad/chemo schedule. So round two begins...Hope that everyone has a great Labor Day and hope we are all here to see it again next year!

Female 47 former smoker (quit in 1986), very light drinker. 1st diag 8/1/11. Surgery 9/6/11 SCC L BOT Tongue T1N0MO stage II w/partial gloss with no rad or chemo follow up. Recur 8/16/12 T1N1M0 - stage III. Neck dissection surgery 8/29/12 with 35 sessions of rad and 6 chemo beginning 10/8/12.