Hi all, thanks to everyone who has posted information here, it has been very helpful. I am having neck dissection on Wednesday (8/29) to remove a recurring tumor along with 20 lymph nodes. I had a partgloss on 9/6/11 which has now spread to the lymph nodes. I wasn't really surprised when it came back but am much more nervous this time around b/c there will be rad/chemo this time. Reading post here has given me some good info, but kinda freaked out too. Reading about the rad "masks" REALLY freaked me out. I had never heard that before. Hate that so many others have had the same or worse but glad to know there is a place to get good information.
Hope everyone has a speedy recovery for whatever you are currently under going and God Bless...with HIS help we will survive!

Female 47 former smoker (quit in 1986), very light drinker. 1st diag 8/1/11. Surgery 9/6/11 SCC L BOT Tongue T1N0MO stage II w/partial gloss with no rad or chemo follow up. Recur 8/16/12 T1N1M0 - stage III. Neck dissection surgery 8/29/12 with 35 sessions of rad and 6 chemo beginning 10/8/12.