Denise

I have two radiation masks and we had some posts here on how afterwards they can be turned into "art". Here is a link to some images of the masks, before and after that may put it into better perspective. It's just a warm plastic mask that is fitted to your face so you don't move. It never bothered me at all especially because I asked them to make the mouth hole a little larger.. radiation mask art
As far as the feeding tube, doctors are split. Some advocate or even require it, others like my doctors feel that it can hinder the ability to recover swallowing since without the PEG, you constantly adjust your muscles to keep swallowing.
There is no doubt that a PEG is easier, and unless you have a psychological benefit/need to get thru without one (as I did), it will be hard. For me, it was an important signal that the cancer was not in charge, and the benefits of not having it easily outweighed the hassles. For many patients, it's just not a big deal and has no significance. Most "opinions' reflect what their doctors told them. It's a personal decision, with no "right" or "wrong".
Charm

65 yr Old Frack
Stage IV BOT T3N2M0 HPV 16+
2007:72GY IMRT(40) 8 ERBITUX No PEG
2008:CANCER BACK Salvage Surgery
25GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin
Apaghia /G button
2012: CANCER BACK -left tonsilar fossa
40GY-CyberKnife(5) 3 Carboplatin

Passed away 4-29-13