Denise,
I believe that the statistics are if you did not have radiation & chemo the first time, only surgery, you have a better chance of cure with having all three this time. The chemo will boost the radiation effect without giving you more radiation, and I would think for you that it might be recommended. It is true cure statistics don't mean very much to the individual in cancer--it's 100 percent survical or 0 percent, but I think your doctors would tell you what I just said.

Crying is ok--it is a good way to get rid of stress and come to terms with it. I did not cry (my husband did though) until it was time for radiation. Then I couldn't stop for a while. After that I was much better.

PEG--I did not have one, but there is nothing wrong with having it. I ate food, hardly touched the Boost, Ensure, Carnation drinks. I would advise you to consume those drinks in addition to eating if you are not using a PEG. Those drinks are nutritionally balanced, and it is easy to miss some key nutrients if you don't. I was ok, but just sayin' what I should have done. Your doctors should be able to advise you about the PEG. Some people get them & then eat food too as long as possible, and that's ok.

Best,
Anne

SCC tongue 9/2010, excised w/clear margins:8 X 4 mm, 1 mm deep
Neck Met, 10/2010, 1 cm lymph node; 12/21/'10: Neck Diss 30 nodes, 29 clear, micro ECE node, part tongue gloss, no residual scc
IMRT & 6 cisplatin 1/20/11-2/28/11 at MDA
GIST tumor sarcoma, removed 9/2011, no chemo needed
Clear on both counts as of Fall, 2021