Some drs insist on a peg mine did, and it didn't matter I couldn't keep the formula down so I cringed and drank my meals near the end and didn't use the peg at all. If you're small a peg might be a good idea particularly if youre sensitive to pain. I don't say this to scare you but for a few weeks near the end you'll likely have mouthsores swallowing and eating will be unpleasant.

And yes this place is scary as hell! What you need to remember is - we all have our own story, just because something happens to one person, doesn't mean it will happen to you. We're all individuals with our own histories, health issues, and positive things going for us. Do educate yourself. Knowledge is power. You'll get through it. Hugs!

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan