Hi there - you and I have had similar cancers - and there are quite a few of us here... ( women - relatively young, non smokers, not heavy drinkers ) - Interesting new demographic - anyway - welcome... Sorry you have to be here but it's a great forum. Most of us here have had rads and chemo and the responses to it have run the gauntlet. Some get through it ok... Some really struggle - most fall into the midline of not great but doable. Hope you are in the top percentile smile

The mask looks horrific - I'm not claustrophobic but when they were making my mask. I admit I was shocked at being locked down to the table. it's for your own good to keep you from moving. After that it was ok... I closed my eyes and zoned out ... If you are claustrophobic there are meds as you probably know. - eat up... Healthy foods if you can... Eating and taste begins to get hard and unpleasant at around week 3 -4. If you have any questions feel free to ask wink and good luck with everything. Hugs!

Last edited by Cheryld; 08-26-2012 06:04 AM.

Cheryl : Irritation - 2004 BX: 6/2008 : Inflam. BX: 12/10, DX: 12/10 : SCC - LS tongue well dif. T2N1M0. 2/11 hemigloss + recon. : PND - 40 nodes - 39 clear. 3/11 - 5/11 IMRT 33 + cis x2, PEG 3/28/11 - 5/19/11 3 head, 2 chest scans - clear(fingers crossed) HPV-, No smoke, drink, or drugs, Vegan