Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
jordan Offline OP
Supporting Member (50+ posts)
OP Offline

I am just finding out that my cancer has returned. Actually, the biopsy isnt till Wed but a top surgeon has felt it & a radiologist. They both feel something & "something" was spotted on a recent CT. I was never "cleared" of cancer cuz I was always too swollen to get a good read. So first off, I would appreciate and love any prayers that they're all wrong & this isn't cancer. The CT said possible necrosis but I wasn't swollen right after therapy like I am now. Does anyone have swelling from necrosis? Has anyone had recurrence? I need help!!!!
I need to be realistic tho & if it is cancer, I would have to have surgery this time. My "spot" is about an inch big & goes from the middle of my left side of tongue back towards the base. Doesn't cross the midline. Has anyone had suregy in this spot? No nodes detected. Thank God. Lungs clear, too. WIll I ever talk or eat again?? What is recovery?
I've already been thru rad & chemo as you can see from my signature (that I FINALLY filled in). I am devastated & I can't believe this is happening. My girl turns 2 next week & instead of holding a bday party, I may be having surgery.

SCC-tongueT3N0M0- IMRT 35times-1/07-3/07; along with one cycle of Cisplat & one cycle of Carboplat; weekly erbitux.finished all tx.3/07-supposedly gone. Recurrence 6/07. Age 31-non-smoker/social drinker. Devastated it's back.
jordan Offline OP
OP Offline

oh, and thanks for all of your help!

SCC-tongueT3N0M0- IMRT 35times-1/07-3/07; along with one cycle of Cisplat & one cycle of Carboplat; weekly erbitux.finished all tx.3/07-supposedly gone. Recurrence 6/07. Age 31-non-smoker/social drinker. Devastated it's back.

HI JORDAN

I KNOW IT IS HARD ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU HAVE KIDS.
I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU ARE YOU STILL ON THE PEG?
THEY MIGHT PUT ME ON MORE CALORIES SINCE I HAVE BEEN LOOSING WEIGHT. I PRAY THE CANCER HAS NOT COME BACK. I AM IN REMISSION I THOUGHT I WAS YOUNG BUT YOU ARE REALLY YOUNG. I HOPE YOUR HUSBAND HAS BEEN SUPORTIVE THAT HELPS. PLEASE KEEP US INFORMED IF IT HAS RETURNED

GOD BLESS
KATRINA

SCC T3N1 right side tongue DX7/24/06 44 yrs old
Tx 42 IMRT started 9/01/06 Cysplatin & 5fu 2x treatment ended 10/31/06. Partial neck discection 3/07 on right side.
Had tracheostomy 4/08. Had total Laryngectomy 6/09
jordan Offline OP
OP Offline

Yes. I am still on PEG. I upped my calories cuz I was losing weight. Trying to take over 2500 cals a day. Yes, my husband is extremely supportive. Thanks.

"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
"OCF across the pond"
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)

Every time this happens my heart sinks.first shar and now you!!I will pray with every thing i have for good news Jordan,please try and stay strong until you know for definate.You are so young and have so much to live for dont loose sght of that ever and listen to what the Doctors have to say very carefully so that you know exactly what you are dealing with.The war isnt lost you just have anew battle to fight.

God Bless and Good Luck

Liz in the UK

Husband Robin aged 44 years Dx 8th Dec 2006 poorly differentiated SCC tongue with met to neck T1N2cM0 Surgery and Radiation.Finished TX April 2007
Recurrence June/07 died July 29th/07.

Never take your eye off the ball, it may just smack you in the mouth.
jordan Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks 4 the prayers

"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)
"Above & Beyond" Member (500+ posts)

Jordan

I walk with you in this tunnel of fear...They have found a lump in my jaw..and i am having more test a fine slice ct then a pet and then a biopsy ..mine as well was supose to be gone and all over with, I just recently went to a new surgeon..I dont know what is true anymore but he told me that in cases like ours..Young with no real risk factors( specailly tobacco) that this is a more agressive form and more chances for reccuraance,what truth that has I dont know but lets hope in both are cases it is far from the truth , I have my CT tomorrow and mt Pet tues,,I hope that we both walk out of this togther and cancer free !

Shar

Sharlee
35 year old Female Non smoker, very occasional alcohol ..Scc T1N0M0,partial glossectomy and left neck disection ,2/9/07 No rad deemed ness. 4/16 tonsillectomy ..Trimengenial Neuralga due to surgery

Shar-

How did the CT go. Email me.

Shar-

I just posted under mazey cuz im on a different computer. it was me, Jordan.

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
Kval, iMarc845, amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel
13,106 Registered Users
Forum Statistics