Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I was on here a few months ago & learned some interesting things & talked to some great people. My mother has been struggling with her cancer for almost a year now. She has only 2 chemo treatments left. She went to go today & was told some horrible news again. They found 2 spots that were not there when she had her last cat scan a month ago. One in the jaw area & one under the tongue (what's left of it). She will be going soon for a biopsy. I don't know how much more all of us can take. I want my mom to not give up & keep fighting & I encourage her all I can, but the news justs seems to get worse all the time. I don't want to see her suffer anymore. She has NO strength. GOD I miss having my mom around healthy. We were vERY close & did MANY things together. Now she only can leave the house to go to the doctor & that is so troubling in itself. I could type for hours about how I am feeling, but I know we all know what it is like. Well all for now, I have to go have one of my daily crying sprees. Thanks for listening. frown

I have learned that life is too short. Spend as much time as you can with you family & loved ones. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Veronica,

I was sorry to hear that your Mom isn't doing well. Your pain at her suffering comes through clearly, and this is a good place to express yourself. We have many caregivers that are here and I'm sure they know what you are feeling.

I believe that your feelings and your love for your Mom come across so strong that they are a comfort to her. As a patient knowing the love and caring of our family and friends lends us strength and helps us to fight the battle.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mom.

Take care,
Dinah

Platinum Member (200+ posts)

I`ve spent the past 6 weeks crying...you are not alone........things seem to just get worse and worse...............I just try to remember there is a reason for all this...............Many Prayers your Way..................Packer and Dee

Veronica:

Did your mom also have radiation therapy during the course of her treatment? Sometimes scar tissue forms and shows up on a CT and can look falsely ominous. Of course, the right course of action is to have tight follow-up and biopsy if needed. I just wanted to ask though?

Your pain and fear is palpable-you are in my thoughts. Please keep us all posted.

Best,

Kim

kcdc
Wife of Dave,diagnosed with Stage III Tonsillar SCC,August '02
Modified radical neck dissection followed by radiation therapy
'There is glory and radiance in the darkness and to see we have only to look"
OP Offline

Thanks for the replies. Kim, My mom did have radiation treatment back in the spring. They are concerned because these just popped up & have not been on other cat scans or x-rays before this. She is going to her surgeon on Thursday to see what he thinks. All I know is that this is so frustrating. Just when we thought she was making progress, something like this comes up & takes away the hope we had. I pray that it is nothing serious, but her doctors have been VERY honest from the beginning & they do not make sound like it is just nothing. I am so angry because my mom is a WONDERFUL person & watching her go through this is killing me inside. I am strong for her, but it is not easy. The holidays are going to be especially hard this year. Cancer gives a whole new meaning to life & you cannot take it for granted that you or a loved one will always be around. I hope she has the strength to enjoy them with her family, we love her so much. She truely is my HERO. Thanks for listening, I will be keeping you posted on her news.

I have learned that life is too short. Spend as much time as you can with you family & loved ones. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Contributing Member (25+ posts)
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Veronica:

Any news to share? Thinking of you and your mom and keeping eveything crossed.

Kim (kcdc)

*Stage III Right Tonsillar Ca. *Diagnosed Aug. 2002
*Surgery Sept.,Radiation Dec. 2002
*For everything else there's Mastercard.

Packer`s wife here........I understand your feelings about the Holidays........Packer has 10 more hrs of surgery and 10 more days in the hospital after the Holidays........I keep thinking, what if they find more cancer again, or he develops another infection......I keep thinking what if this is our last holiday together, and how do I get through it, and why even try to celebrate..........after all the surgeries the past year, they just keep getting harder, and my attitude certainly isn`t helping him....sometimes the emotional pain is just overwhelming

OP Offline

No more news yet, she goes to the doc today. I am sure I will be back & posting later. I promise to keep all updated. I tried talking to my mom today & she refused to talk until AFTER her doctor visit, so I am trying to think of other things to do to occupy the time until she goes in. I just hope that we will not have to play the waiting game too much longer & the doctor will be able to tell us something today. I am just so sad, today is my daughters 5th birthday & I am having trouble trying to keep a smile for her. She knows her Granny is very sick, but is too young to understand how sick & what it means. I just pray to God that everything will be ok - Talk to you soon - Thanks & God Bless! Veronica frown

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums23