Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Platinum Member (300+ posts)
Platinum Member (300+ posts)

Packer66LittleGirl, Dee, Very sorry to hear of Packer's passing. Frank was a great inspiration to us all.

Bob S.

SCC Tongue, stage IV diagnosed Sept, 2002, 1st radical neck dissection left side in Sept, followed by RAD/Chemo. Discovered spread to right side nodes March 2003, second radical neck dissection April, followed by more RAD/Chemo.
Contributing Member (25+ posts)

Hi....

Since I recently joined this board and I've read all your posts, I feel like I've been cheated by not knowing Frank. May God bless all who he left behind because from what I read he was already blessed.

Khaja

Khaja
SCC Base of Tongue Stage IV. Diagnosed 12/02
OP Offline

Well I must say and not just because I am his daughter but He was blessed, He was the strongest person I have ever known, He was and still is my hero. In one of the letters I wrote to Him awhile back I told Him, He was the first man who loved me, He was the first man that I fell in love with, and He was the first man that I gave my heart to. When He died He took a huge chunk of my heart with Him, I feel like my heart was ripped out of me, my heart has a huge hole in it now,but will be filled again with His memories, but I will never again have a whole heart. Thank you all very much. Daddy we all Love You So Very Much, and we all miss you. Rest In Peace Daddy. Love Your Little Girl, Chrissy, and Your Little boy, Frank Joseph Sherman III, and Your grandchildren, Matthew, Andrew, & Sarah, which are my three children, and Frank Joseph Sherman IIII which is my brothers son. So you see there are two Frank Joseph Sherman's still here, and my brother looks identical to our Father. Thank you all, and may God bless each and every one of you's.My brother and I are honored to be the children of Frank Joseph Sherman Jr. lots of love to all of you's.

Platinum Member (200+ posts)
Platinum Member (200+ posts)

Hi, All, I`m not going to change my log in name, so Packer is stays with us all. My appreciation of everyones support goes beyond words. My grieving hasn`t started yet. Probably when my kids leave next week that will start. It`s funny the things that matter when we lose someone. I know Kim and Dave met Mellow, the teddy bear, he went through all Frank`s treatments with him, now I can`t let go of him.No one understands this horrid disease but those of us on this road, in the coming weeks, this board is going to be very important to me. Frank taught me so many things about the true shining through of a soul, he came to teach us so much about so many things, and I just wasn`t ready to let him go yet, but that wasn`t up to me. In the coming weeks I`m really going to have to hang on to you guys, your part of my family. Bless you all.........Dee

Gold Member (200+ posts)
Gold Member (200+ posts)

Packer66Littlegirl, Dee and family,
I am so sad to hear this. For the past several weeks I've been thinking about Packer and wondering how things were. It's obvious that he was a fighter and loved life. He truly made an impression on this forum and on my life. My thoughts are with all of you.
D

Mom's caregvr. DDS failed to dx 01/03. Dx Stg IV SCC 05/03. Induct. chemo, IMRT, 5FU, H, Iressa, Neck disect, radiation. Dad's caregvr. Dx 01/04 Ext. Stg SCLC. Mets to liver/bone 08/04. Died 11/12/04. Mom tongue CA dx 06/13, hemiglossectomy (80% removed) 08/13. Clean margins and nodes, but PNI. 6/15/15: Tongue CA at base of remnant tongue. Declined further tx; hospice.
Died 10/13/15. What a long and difficult journey.

My name is Penny. "Packer's" daugther is my "neice" (her mom is married to my brother-in-law). I just wanted to say how wonderful I think this site is. In May it will be 30 years since I lost my mother to breast cancer. I was only 3 when she died, but I remember how much she suffered. I am looking forward to the day when this horrible disease will be erdicated. Thank you for your support of Chrissy at this very difficult time in her life. God bless you as you continue your fight against this disease.

OP Offline

I want to thank Penny for her support to me and to others on this board, she has been very supportive with me through all of this. Thanks again Penny.

Flo Offline

My heart goes out to you and your family. Your Mom and Dad helped me deal with my sister's illness. She has recently died also in November. I am sorry for the pain that you are dealing with right now. I am here to listen if you need a shoulder to cry on. It is so difficult, I know. No words will help the pain, but knowing you are not alone is all that I can say to you sweetie. You and yours are in my prayers ...God Bless and Take Care Love, Flo

Caregiver for my loving Sister Linda 37, Advanced Recurrence SCC of the Head and Neck. 2003
Diag. June 2000 with Tongue Cancer in Stage 3/Treatment RAD
Flo Offline

Oh Dee,

I am so sorry to hear about Packer. He truly was brave and strong. Just know that I am here to listen and help you get through this, and you can help me. I have been unable to log on since my sister passed away. My feelings are all over the place. The pain is too difficult. Packer and Linda went through so much to fight this cancer and in the end lost the battle. So, unfair, such a nasty disease they had, I have nightmares about what she went through, and she never complained she NEVER COMPLAINED. She was amazing. She left us all. Her babies, her little girls cry for her. I cry for her, she was my best friend and now she was taken from this disease, she never had a chance, and I'm not sure why. She was so strong and so brave to deal with all the treatments to try to beat the cancer. She wanted to live, she didn't want to go, we didn't want her to go...and in the end God knew she was tired and needed to go home to rest in peace.

Peace Be With You Dee and know that you are not alone in grieving your great lose.

Take Care,
Flo

Caregiver for my loving Sister Linda 37, Advanced Recurrence SCC of the Head and Neck. 2003
Diag. June 2000 with Tongue Cancer in Stage 3/Treatment RAD
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Top Posters
ChristineB 10,507
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
EzJim 5,260
Brian Hill 4,912
Newest Members
amndcllns01, Jina, VintageMel, rahul320, Sean916
13,104 Registered Users