Print Thread
Dysplasia or not ? Extremly afraid... #196489
05-23-2018 10:13 AM
05-23-2018 10:13 AM
M
maritisio Offline OP
maritisio  Offline OP
M

Hello, im 22 years old male, history of breast cancer but nothing else , sorry for my bad english
I have GERD and very bad dental hygiene

So here's the story :

One day I notice a small bump in my mouth.
Went to the ENT and i had a biopsy done 16 days ago

I got the result today but i didn't understand anything !! he just tell me to come in 6 month for a control ...

I manage to get the conclusion : :

The histological examination revealed a squamous mucosa, whose epithelial reverence was focally ulcerated and replaced by a fibrin-leucocyte coating. On the banks of this ulceration, the epithelium is the seat of a discrete cyto-architectural disorganization with mild to moderate atypia prevailing at the level of the basal layer.
The under-height chorion is the secret of a discreet inflammatory infiltrate
PAS staining does not show pathogen

Conclusion:

Mucus ulceration with mild to moderate atypia whose regenerative or dysplastic character is difficult to assert
Monitoring is necessary

I just have few questions :

- Its a dysplasia or a benign tumor ?
- Do I will get cancer in the long run ?

Last edited by gmcraft; 05-23-2018 12:25 PM. Reason: Removed photograph.
Re: Dysplasia or not ? Extremly afraid... [Re: maritisio] #196490
05-23-2018 12:38 PM
05-23-2018 12:38 PM
Toronto, Canada
G
gmcraft Offline

Assistant Admin
gmcraft  Offline

Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
G

Toronto, Canada
Please understand that members of the forum are either patients or caregivers who have or are going through the cancer journey. We do not have the years of medical training to be able to “diagnose” you even with photographs. You won’t want us to, anyway, as it would be very irresponsible of us.

No two person will react in the same way. What may trigger cancer in one may not do so in another person.. No one, even the best doctor in the world, can predict if you’ll get cancer or not in the long run.

Good oral,hygiene is extremely important as it can impact your health eventually, irrespectively of whether you have a bump in your mouth or not. So, you really should start taking care of your teeth right this minute. Since the biopsy report suggests monitoring, maybe that’s what you should do. If I were you, I would go back to the doctor who did the biopsy and ask for a clearer explanation of what the biopsy results mean. The other choice you have is to take your report to another oral surgeon for a second opinion, or even a third opinion. That way, you might get the answers you are looking for.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.
Re: Dysplasia or not ? Extremly afraid... [Re: gmcraft] #196491
05-23-2018 02:51 PM
05-23-2018 02:51 PM
M
maritisio Offline OP
maritisio  Offline OP
M

[quote=gmcraft]Please understand that members of the forum are either patients or caregivers who have or are going through the cancer journey. We do not have the years of medical training to be able to “diagnose” you even with photographs. You won’t want us to, anyway, as it would be very irresponsible of us.

No two person will react in the same way. What may trigger cancer in one may not do so in another person.. No one, even the best doctor in the world, can predict if you’ll get cancer or not in the long run.

Good oral,hygiene is extremely important as it can impact your health eventually, irrespectively of whether you have a bump in your mouth or not. So, you really should start taking care of your teeth right this minute. Since the biopsy report suggests monitoring, maybe that’s what you should do. If I were you, I would go back to the doctor who did the biopsy and ask for a clearer explanation of what the biopsy results mean. The other choice you have is to take your report to another oral surgeon for a second opinion, or even a third opinion. That way, you might get the answers you are looking for.

[/quote]

Hi ,thank for your reply, I did the biopsy in a hospital so its very difficult for me to ask any question to the doctors, I already ask them this kind of question and they just tell me " Just come back every 6 month"

Im totally lost and I don't know what I have, I don't know what to do , I just don't want to come back in a hospital, i hate hospital

Re: Dysplasia or not ? Extremly afraid... [Re: maritisio] #196492
05-23-2018 04:00 PM
05-23-2018 04:00 PM
Toronto, Canada
G
gmcraft Offline

Assistant Admin
gmcraft  Offline

Assistant Admin
Patient Advocate (1000+ posts)
G

Toronto, Canada
However, to truly understand your condition, you need to hear it from your doctor. The other possibility is to email your doctor and ask for an explanation. If not, you must consider a second or third opinion.

Gloria
She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails... Elizabeth Edwards

Wife to John,dx 10/2012, BOT, HPV+, T3N2MO, RAD 70 gy,Cisplatinx2 , PEG in Dec 6, 2012, dx dvt in both legs after second chemo session, Apr 03/13 NED, July 2013 met to lungs, Phase 1 immunotherapy trial Jan 18/14 to July/14. Taxol/carboplatin July/14. Esophagus re-opened Oct 14. PEG out April 8, 2015. Phase 2 trial of Selinexor April to July 2015. At peace Jan 15, 2016.
Re: Dysplasia or not ? Extremly afraid... [Re: maritisio] #197478
10-23-2018 01:45 AM
10-23-2018 01:45 AM
M
maritisio Offline OP
maritisio  Offline OP
M

Hello , just in order to keep you informed : , I made this thread some month ago, and i'm come back to tell you how it goes :

: After the removal, another lump appear is the same location just 1 week after , it wasn't like the first , I got it removed and examined : Hyperplasia but all cell are normal, no dysplasia , hyperplasia from inflammation
- After the second removal : Another lump appaer again just 1 week after, it seem like its from the healing process, I talked about it to an ENT , he just told me to come back every 6 month to do monitoring
- 1 week ago I went to an another ENT , he ask why I didnt get any CT scan and told me to do one, he told me he's not concerned at all about this lump and its probably nothing, he also told me come back with the CT scan result and the previous result (From biopsy...)

He also told me he will probably not remove it because he doesnt want to do surgery for nothing ,he will just do monitoring every 6 month

I will probably get it removed because i'm very very anxious, I don't want to come back every 6 month for that , just want to live a normal life

The nightmare is not over yet...

Moderated by  Brian Hill 

Support OCF

Help OCF

Shop Amazon and Help OCF

Top Posters(All Time)
ChristineB 10,225
davidcpa 8,311
Cheryld 5,260
Brian Hill 4,743
Gary 3,552
Newest Members