Stopped being able to eat and barely swallow water on Thursday afternoon. My throat from my chin to my collar bone felt like it was literally on fire. I'd equate it with pouring salt on 40 canker sores at the same time.

Nurse checked me over before treatment; started IV for dehydration and located Dr seeing pt's. Luckily for me, my Dr showed up at that time. Diagnosis; lots of radiation sores in mouth, severe yeast infection in throat, Another med. Too kill the fungus. It's working.Thank God.It was so bad that I was very seriously thinking I would have too quit. I literally couldn't stand the pain.

I actually have a high pain threshold. I usually take 8-10 percocet daily for my arthritis. My arthritis is severe and involves my entire body. I had upped the percocet to 12, the max you can take, with little relief. Now I wait while my 3 Drs decide on pain control. I am unable to take
Oxycontin. The usual next step in pain control.

Sweetpea
2/09 MEC Rt Submandibular Gland,Tumor Exc,age 68; 4/09 Rt Neck Resect, Excise Rt Lingual Nerve, 10 nodes; 1 month later- Lge Abscess Drained 5/09; 4 more cancers, final path report; 6/09 IMRTx33