Welcome to OCF. I am so sorry your father has gone thru so much with oral cancer surgeries. Poor guy has had enough. He is lucky to have you caring for him. Im sure it isnt easy for you either watching all this.

Not sure if I overlooked this in your post, but have you gone for second or third opinions? Are you aware a PET scan can show falso positives? It happened to me, I was very scared and turns out I didnt have OC again. Did he have a biopsy?

I can relate to wanting a steak. I dont have teeth either due to OC. I cant understand how people without teeth can eat things like steak. My jaws arent even close to touching to be able to chew. Im sure your fathers dont close either. Guess you could always use a food processor if you want to make it where he is able to eat it.

We do have 2 dentists as members of OCF. Hope they are able to give you some info. I have the name and number of an oral surgeon here in PA and also a prostiodontist (I think thats the right name). Both are very familiar with oral cancer patients which is what your father needs.

Best of luck with everything.

Christine
SCC 6/15/07 L chk & by L molar both Stag I, age44
2x cispltn-35 IMRT end 9/27/07
-65 lbs in 2 mo, no caregvr
Clear PET 1/08
4/4/08 recur L chk Stag I
surg 4/16/08 clr marg
215 HBO dives
3/09 teeth out, trismus
7/2/09 recur, Stg IV
8/24/09 trach, ND, mandiblctmy