Hi Gail, it is amazing at the lack of knowledge on this in the medical field but through people like yourself who are willing to share information things will change. You are really making a difference. I know the doctors at Princeton and Philly are following Jack's case with a lot more attention because of the viral connection, and our surgeon's office has already referred another patient to Hopkins.

I appreciate all your help in finding out about this trial and spreading the word on the HPV 16 virus. It gave us an answer to the "why" question and that alone provides peace of mind no matter what the future brings. Jack and I were happy to meet you and Barry at Hopkins and here's looking forward to a successful conclusion to Dr. Gillison's research for all of us.

One day we'll even be included in those great commercials on the HPV virus. Enjoy your trips.

Regards JoAnne

JoAnne - Caregiver to husband, cancer rt. tonsil, mets to soft palate, BOT, 7 lymph nodes - T3N2BM0, stage 4. Robotic assisted surgery, radical neck dissection 2/06; 30 IMTX treatments and 4 cycles of cisplatin completed June 06.