Hi everybody

I just wanted to send out hugs and thank you to you all here. Today I think I have had one one the best days since I heard the C word... I went to work for a few hours today...The weather was just unbelievable...I was wanting to go back and have been back a couple of odd days but today seemed special. I was told the word got out that if people wanted to see me I am there on fridays weather permitting.

I did not realize the impact I have made on some people's lives until today...it must have been quite the site a sausage vendor hugging customers. I tell you I didn't realize the amount of prayers and good thoughts and this was just from regular customers...I felt like they were more than customers ...more like extended family...From truck drivers to pencil pushers it made no difference we celebrated all day long...I felt so blessed!!!

Healing is still slow but swelling has come down a huge amount, still have some numbness, and what I call thawing out...the nerves reconnecting is quite painful...as well as the scar tissue is limiting my neck movement but pushing forward...I am checking into massage theropy to help that rather my physiotherapist is checking into it...Anyway this is just a short update but this has been my best day since all this has happened and am looking forward to many many more...

Thanks again for everyone's support

Dianne..treatment at cc at Victoria Hospital, London, Ontario...insulin dependant, Surgery Sept 8/08 Tracheotomy,composite resection and bilateral neck dissection, left radial forearm free flap... T2N0 squamous cell carcinoma. No radiation A little over 2 yrs clear YAY