Jim,

I've had 9 abdominal surgeries, part of a breast removed, 2 major lung surgeries (1976 & 1985 to glue collapsible lungs to my chest cavity) 3 babies, and all this OC stuff. In the grand scheme of things, I have to say the abdominals were the easiest for me to go through (at least after they got that gangrenous twisted colon out of me in Oct 2006. I almost lost the battle that day.). That's not even including the many bouts with pnuemonia, etc. I don't know what I'm supposed to do in this life, but I must not have done it yet, and I hope I don't for a long time.

If the Dr says it needs fixin' than let him fix it. Just make sure you follow his directions afterwards. Don't know if they still do, but they used to tell women after full hysterectomies to not lift anything heavier than a dustcloth for six weeks. Well, anything that REALLY needs doing, you can ask someone else to do. But there's probably not much that dire. A friend of mine didn't follow those directions and is paying for it still 15 years later. That yard work just HAD to get done, that bookcase just HAD to be moved, etc. The rips, tears, and resulting scar tissue make her miserable to this day. It's only 6 weeks, for goodness sake. After all you've already been through, can there really be anything so important that "needs" to be done? IF the Doc says it should be taken care of, you'll feel so much better after it's fixed. And after the 6 or whatever they say now weeks, you'll be able to do all those things to your heart's content.

By the way, my #2 son had double hernia surgery at 3 weeks old. He cried before the surgery from the pain, but not a peep after surgery. Maybe he was born tough, though. He's my career Navy son. smile

Take care of yourself,

Lani

SCC part glossectomy 3/06, recur 8/06 glossectomy, floor of mouth, part of jaw removed, RT/chemo thru 10/12/06, PET clear 7/08
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road, unless you fail to make the turn"
Passed away 12/14/08