Steph - Welcome to OCF as a non lurker participant. We all learn from each other and having you actually post is a good thing. You may not realize it, but some other lurker is going to read your post, read about your young age, read about your lack of risk factors and it is going to comfort them. They are going to see themselves in you. Just by being here openly you are already helping other people with your strength of spirit that comes through loud and clear. I wish you a rapid journey through all this, a a health return to a normal life.

Not meaning to hijack your thread, but for the other long term posters here, could we make a list of the people under thirty we have seen come through these boards? I would like to refer them to a university that is doing a paper on the demographics of the current subset of OC patients that is (historically at least) abnormally young. I don't remember them all. Help would be appreciated. My recollection is that they are mostly unknown etiology, and if that is true we may have some keys to finding the commonality in these very young no HPV+ patients. Science and medicine is are not fond of unknowns, and each discovery means another opportunity to head things off at the pass, through early screening for that subset characteristic.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.