I have talked many times to Gillison about this. She agrees that the tonsils are not part of the throat nor is the base of the tongue. For that matter the oropharynx is the very back of the mouth, with the nasopharynx above it, and the pharynx below it (that one in the throat). Truth of the matter, it would have been nice had the writer actually talked to anyone in the know including Gillison who would have said this to them. They would have also gotten this from the articles which clearly state OSCC. Perhaps someone else could just send them a note... Dr. Mike perhaps, or you, on behalf of the OCF. I am leaving at 5 AM for another lecture engagement and by then this will be old news.

On another note can you believe the postings in relationship to this article? I have lost all faith in the intelligence of the American public.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.