Leslie B,
You are correct in the "Fair" part and I respect your due diligence in this. Now I'm gonna vent a little. All to often I have seen articles in journals and the media pulling the heart strings of the masses and see the obvious disconnection of the oral cavity (mouth) from the rest of the body. You and I and almost everybody on this site knows the difference. We are few and the media in their minor misinformation are not helping the masses. We have all heard the joke, "What do you call a Dentist who comes last in his class?"....Dentist. FYI Dentistry used to be a specialty after medical school. Well if this minor little media reporter could delve a little deeper into the realms of oral cancer he may have been able to help the whole situation.
I am not trying to demean the releveance or the message or promote my profession but put forth the importance of getting the facts straight; attention to the tiny (not so tiny as I see It) details, some attention to oral cancer may have been gained as Brian has eluded to.
Cheers,
Mike

Last edited by Dr. Mike; 06-08-2008 11:43 PM.

Dentist since 1995, 12 year Cancer Survivor, Father, Husband, Thankful to so many who supported me on my journey so far, and more than happy to comfort a friend.
Live, Laugh, Love & Learn.