Gary,

I have been on synthroid for about a year with no side effects that I am aware of complicating things. I recently lectured at a conference in which one of the speakers was addressing the endocrine system issues for people that have had head and neck radiation. We all know that the thyroid gets nuked, and that when it does, it is easy to lose energy and the ability to regulate body temperature well. I was cold all the time before going on the supplements, and feeling kinda lethargic, though I pushed through that out of necessity. But the speaker was saying that our pituitary gland is also getting scatter radiation, and is impacted by it. That gland controls all your other glands, the master gland so to speak. He recommended testing for adrenal function and testosterone for guys. I did, and sure as anything, my testosterone was way below normal. I am now wearing some patches to get the levels back up. Next week I am going for the adrenal gland function blood test, but my guess is that it is also in the toilet.

I am curious what you have heard that was bad about taking synthoid.

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.