We picked Vegas because of reasonable hotel rates, food, airfare and lots of things to do - gambling, shows, sightseeing, Hoover Dam, shooting machine guns, pistols, etc. The tricky part is finding a time of year when the conventions in Vegas are at a minimum.

Jetagehobo is the only member left still living who was on the original planning committee. Dinah was too ill to attend (and subsequently passed away) and Danny Boy passed away 2 years ago.

Honestly, it was a double edged sword. It was great puting names and family members faces to it but, on the darker other side, it made it a lot more up close and personal when they died. It had a pretty profound effect on Brian and I. I would probably attend, as, I am sure, would Brian, although not without some trepidation. There is a lot to be said about the anonymity of cyberspace.

Danny Boy had also painstakingly put a LOT of work into an album of both survivors (who couldn't be there) and deceased members. It has been "lost" and we would sure like it back. It was a very profund moment seeing all of the beautiful people who lost the battle with the disease. For me and many others, it was one of the most moving parts of being there.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)