Jeff, try to remember that this is the gift that just keeps on giving. Yes, you have completed all the treatments, and have received the news that we all hope to hear. However, the effects of the radiation and chemo do not stop on the day you receive your last treatment, they keep on giving.

Look at is as a marathon. The people that run those things are amazing. However, when they have completed the race, many of them just plain collapse. The race is over, but there is all the turmoil that follows that kicks in once they cross the finish line, elation, exhaustion, pain, the need for support from their friends and race officials.

We too have run a race. Having completed it we too must deal with the post race effects. Keeping busy does help. Keeping in contact with those that were a part of your support group also helps. Just because we finished the race does not mean they do not wish to be kept abreast of how we are doing.

I have just recently completed race number two. What you are feeling is identical to what I am going through now. However, I have the benefit of having been there once already, and know what likely awaits me tomorrow. I have beat it, what else is there to do. Just for beginners, there is staying around here and sharing your experience with others. One day someone is going to post a question that you will read, smile and then answer, because you have been there.

Hang tough fellow survivor. Your work is far from over. Also, if that hangover continues for any length of time, consider talking with one of your docs about some pharmacological help. Many many of us have had to use it in the past to get past a few bumps in the road. Eventually the road smooths out and things do get better, a whole lot better. I am looking for that smooth road again. I am sure it is not far off.

Take care of you and yours Jeff.

Bill

No love, no friendship can cross the path of our destiny without leaving some mark on it forever. - Francois Mauriac

Thank you for leaving your mark.