It seems to me that deciding when you are a cancer survivor is an arbitrary thing. John finally saw our family Doc on March 15th,05, after living with this "canker sore" under his tounge for 8 months or longer. Surgery was Apr 21st and rad tx's are still in progress. In my mind he has been a survivor for almost a year now[maybe longer because he can't remember when he first detected the sore.] John just came in and read this over my shoulder-something he rarely does. Here's what he said. "you know, I view this cancer in the same way I would view an ulcer or a bad case of hemorrhoids. I got it, the Doc's are treating it and when the tx's are over, I'm not gonna worry about it any more." What a great attitude! Now, if I can get my psyche adjusted to that, we both will be sleeping well at night. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: