Posted By: Fran B. Positive News - 06-24-2005 09:25 AM
Although I don't have enough confidence to post on the "Survivors" board, I still want to share a piece of good news.
The extended neck dissection in Feb. was not able to achieve any real margins (less than 1mm) and the surgeon said it didn't look good. Well guess who just had a clear MRI ?! The surgical area shows radiation changes, but no new tumor growth. The relief at being able to plan a few months ahead in a believable way is such a boost.
Guess we have to believe in miracles, both little and big.
This is good medicine for my whole family.
Fran B.
Posted By: Mark Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 10:19 AM
Good news Fran!
Posted By: Erik Kleiva Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 11:20 AM
That's really cool! The stress will kill ya, won't it? Live in the moment anyway! Erik
Posted By: Carol L Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 01:50 PM
Awesome news, Fran, thanks for sharing it with us. Take Care, Carol
Posted By: Barb Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 07:05 PM
Oh Fran I am so happy for you. Let the celebration begin! Everyday we are still here and breathing we are "survivors" in my opinion. I salute you!

May your blessings continue,
Barbara~
Posted By: aussieh Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 07:20 PM
Congratulations Fran, Thankyou for sharing such wonderful news. Love and light from Helen
Posted By: rickt Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 08:48 PM
Congratulations to you! It is always awesome to hear success stories. Thanks so much for sharing yours. I am very happy for you. Best wishes in your continued success!!!
Posted By: Daniel Bogan Re: Positive News - 06-24-2005 10:23 PM
Thanks for sharing such good news Fran!!!

All my Best, Danny Boy
Posted By: minniea Re: Positive News - 06-26-2005 02:15 AM
I'm so very happy for you Fran!
Posted By: JAM Re: Positive News - 06-26-2005 12:36 PM
It seems to me that deciding when you are a cancer survivor is an arbitrary thing. John finally saw our family Doc on March 15th,05, after living with this "canker sore" under his tounge for 8 months or longer. Surgery was Apr 21st and rad tx's are still in progress. In my mind he has been a survivor for almost a year now[maybe longer because he can't remember when he first detected the sore.] John just came in and read this over my shoulder-something he rarely does. Here's what he said. "you know, I view this cancer in the same way I would view an ulcer or a bad case of hemorrhoids. I got it, the Doc's are treating it and when the tx's are over, I'm not gonna worry about it any more." What a great attitude! Now, if I can get my psyche adjusted to that, we both will be sleeping well at night. Amy
Posted By: wilckdds Re: Positive News - 06-26-2005 04:46 PM
Fran,

Great to hear good news. Some believe that you become a survivor the minute you are diagnosed.

I believe this. It helps me believing it. Try it, you'll like it.

Keep the good news coming.

Jerry
Posted By: Marica Re: Positive News - 06-26-2005 05:48 PM
Great news Fran, many congratulations.
Marica
Posted By: Michaelii Re: Positive News - 06-26-2005 09:44 PM
Congrats! Keep the beast at bay.

- Michael
Posted By: mawalton Re: Positive News - 06-27-2005 08:37 AM
You ARE a survivor! Anyone who has gone through treatment and is still "here" should consider themselves a survivor! (This opinion comes after watching my husband suffer through radiation and chemo for Stage IV base of tongue cancer.) You guys are some tough cookies!
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum