I was fortunate to attend SPOHNC's 15th Anniversary Celebration of Life event yesterday at the New York Marriott LaGuardia Hotel. I must say that the quality of speakers was outstanding.

I wanted to tell everyone about one particular lecturer, Dr. Richard C Niemtzow, a physician and Colonel in the USAF. He also maintains a private practice College Park, MD. His lecture, titled "Acupuncture Treatment For Dry Mouth In Head And Neck Cancer Patients, was terrific and I want to share his website address with you: http://www.n5ev.com/general_info.htm.

I think that anyone suffering from xerostomia as the result of radiation, should definately visit his site. I am curious if anyone has tried this and if they were succesful or not. He has contact information on the site for anyone that might be interested in more information. He seems to be having a high rate of success with his patients. There were at least 8 people in the audience that have had their saliva restored after treatment by him. One man in particular stood up and described his feelings when he was able to lick his finger and turn a page for the first time.

I am always looking for anything that shows signs of promise for my fellow survivors and I hope this information is beneficial.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"