Brian,
You must study night & day, thank you for the advice!I have been experiencing some "moans groans & kidney stones" in the waiting period for my thyroid surgery and in the past nine years of my life and have been prescribed & taken Naprosyn...I will not take it again, my preference is not for brand name NSAIDS but for ibuprofen 400 mg.
This may be of interest to you & members of the forum as it covers effects of Radiation in the head & neck area on not only the Thyroid gland but the parathyroids also....I studied long & hard from this website
http://www.endocrineweb.com/capap
as to why I am having excarberated symptoms of depression, mood swings, fatigue, muscle cramps, bone pain & kidney stones since my RX of oral SCC & more specifically since finding a follicular tumor on my thyroid gland. Yesterday I presented the info I had looked up on Hypoparathyroidism (underlined as a link in the section on Follicular cancer of the thyroid-P3.) to my H & N surgeon & was told much to my chagrin that was NOT what my tumor was doing to me..but it seemed perfect!It explained the "hormonal" changes, the bone pain that awakens me each night at 4 am, the absolute sadness, the leg cramps during the night, the "nap attacks" I feel coming on all day, the occassional 4-6mm kidney stone I end up getting pain relief for at the local hospital-all this & more on the premise that the diseased parathyroid gland gives the body incorrect info as to what amounts of calcium it needs & thus takes it from the bones & affects hormones etc according to raised or lowered levels of Calcium - unfortunately this was not the reason for my ailments as my tumor is IN the right thyroid lobe not in the parathyroid gland located just behind it and I have cancer, not parathyroidism.
Point being that although it didn't help much with my RX at this time it was a most informative & helpful site regarding IMRT to H & N areas.
Take care,
Maria

01/04 SCC of tongue base, T1N0M0
03/04 Partial glossectomy
04/04 Rad
12/04 Throidectomy(follicular cancer)