Hey, Diane- Just wanted to tell you that it isn't chemo brain you have problems with-it's the jargon you must filter through to arrive at a decision. I am on Medicare A and B [I don't have cancer-my husband does, and he is not old enough for Medicare yet] The 1st thing you need to do is thoroughly comprehend EXACTLY what Medicare A and B will cover. { You can call and ask specific questions and you need to get a copy of and read "Medicare and You 2007" .I knew that I DID NOT want the Medicare plan that restricts me to PPO's and HMO's] Next, you need to research a supplimental medical Ins. plan that will pick up the difference between what parts A and B wil pay. I have a Mutual of Omaha Medical Suppliment Ins. policy. Any of the major Ins. Cos will send you a comparison rate and coverage guide if you call them. Finally, you need to choose a Drug Suppliment Ins. policy [I chose AARP for that} and, again, they will send you a comparison sheet if asked. It is a time consuming process- I sat down at the dining room table and spread it all out and spent several days going over the info. As an alternative, you could talk to someone you really trust in the Ins. Industry and see what they recommend based on your needs. When I was deciding on all of this, I don't remember reading about "preexisting conditions or exclusions". I was looking for that since I had a stroke several years ago. Most of the major Ins. Cos are trying to get into this "game" and there are some good, competitive plans out there. Keep asking questions until you understand it [well, kinda understand it laugh ] By the way, I just heard a commentary today on National Public Radio that stated 80% of people on the new Medicare plan + supplimental ins. were extremely pleased. If I can give you any more info, I would be happy to. Amy

CGtoJohn:SCC Flr of Mouth.Dx 3\05. Surg.4\05.T3NOMO.IMRTx30. Recur Dx 1\06.Surg 2\06. Chemo: 4 Cycles of Carbo\Taxol:on Erbitux for 7 mo. Lost our battle 2-23-07- But not the will to fight this disease

: