Hi Diane..
I was age 65 on December of 2005. I enrolled in the traditional Medicare parts A & B. Also I have a supplemental policy with Bankers Life and Casualty. This policy is for Plan G. Also, I have Humana Prescription Drug Plan. I chose the traditional Medicare plan because I can go anywhere where Medicare is accepted. There are many cheaper plans here in Texas but I could only go to the doctors and hospitals they so designated for me. The drug plan is just the basic plan offered by Humana. Although I haven't used it that much, the deductibles are considerable and change each year, depending upon how much I have paid in.

I was diagnosed in April 2006. I've had 2 laser surgeries at MDACC Houston and many scans both PET, CT, MRI, Chest, and full scopes by the surgeon at every follow up. My only out of pocket expense has been for prescriptions. I get notices every month as to what Medicare pays and then Bankers Life picks up the rest. From what I have read the scans and blood work are mostly paid for by Medicare, there sometimes is a small amount that is picked up by Bankers. These are usually amounts less than $100.00. If you think you will be using very expensive drugs, I'm sure you would want to shop around for a better RX Drug Plan. There seem to be many these days.
I'b be glad to answer any other questions you might have.
Good Luck...Russell

Age 67, SCC Larynx/Voice Box (T1-N0-M0)
Laser Supraglottic Laryngectomy 4/29/06.