Dear Cindy,

Your account of your husband's journey is one of the best posts I've ever read. I believe you did save your husband's life. I wish my Uncle had taken over the decisions for my Aunt's care long ago. Her life would be different now but instead, she allowed her depression, stubborness and fear to make foolish decisions for her. She's getting worse with every passing week. It won't be long until she can't get up from that bed that she spends 24 hrs. a day sleeping in.

You made the difference. An assertive spouse CAN make all the difference in the world! YOU are proof! Never diminish your role in this. I know how zonked I feel after speaking to my Uncle trying to give him support and a sense of direction. You lived it everyday. This is just as much your triumph as it is your husband's.

Husbands and wives- we're a package deal.

Niece to Aunt Ro- Dx: 4/03. SCC Stg 4 BOT with mets to fl of mth & crvcl lymph node. AdenoC 1 sal gland. Two add. reconstrc. surgeries for adhesions. Recurrence 7/06- Sub-Mand AdenoC. Mets to both lungs. Lost her battle 5/4/07.