That's a terrific story Jack, thanks for sharing that. There's nothing like a good dog story to warm the heart. :-)

One of my greatest fears is that one of my Bichon Frises will be attacked in front of my own house. We have pit bulls and poorly trained German Shephards in the neighborhood. My oldest female (Peaches) got attacked on the front porch one time. I keep a 12G with 00 buck close at hand and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Pepper spray works pretty good I understand. That's what all the mailpersons and meter readers carry. Be sure to shake it often if you use it - it tends to settle and buy the highest quality you can get. Be sure to buy "practice", inert, ones to work on your aim. It takes some practice to get the most effectiveness out of it. You should be able to find them at any fine gun store. (this applies to you ladies or others also who use Mace or pepper spray for self defense). Being a short person all my life (and bullied in my youth), self defense is a passionate subject for me. Sorry for getting off topic...

I'm gaining weight so fast, I am starting to wonder when to switch to low fat! I am regularly exercising to restore muscle tone. I noticed also that the weight is coming back very well distributed and at about 2-3 lbs a week.

Gary Allsebrook
Dx 11/22/02, SCC, 6 x 3 cm Polypoid tumor, rt tonsil, Stage III/IVA, T3N0M0 G1/2
Tx 1/28/03 - 3/19/03, Cisplatin ct x2, IMRT, bilateral, with boost, x35(69.96Gy)
"You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes" (James 4:14 NIV)