Linda & Todd - About taking abreak from the treatments, my son early on in the treatment had such painful sores in his mouth he also wanted to take a break and I worried about whether that was wise, but I got him to at least go and see the doctor about it. When the doctor saw him, he gave him a week long break and then later on another week long break to heal the open and bleeding sores in his mouth. I felt better knowing it was the doctor's recommendation. Everyone reacts differently and towards the end of the treatment it got really bad again, but my son just kept going because he was really tired of having it take so long. It helps to let the doctor know how bad it is so he can try different meds for pain or nausea and you can get any questions answered. Also, they should be aware of what other meds are involved so they don't interfere with each other. Hope things improve and that things get better really soon.

Anne-Marie
CG to son, Paul (age 33, non-smoker) SCC Stage 2, Surgery 9/21/06, 1/6 tongue Rt.side removed, +48 lymph nodes neck. IMRTx28 completed 12/19/06. CT scan 7/8/10 Cancer-free! ("spot" on lung from scar tissue related to Pneumonia.)