Linda and Todd, I'm not sure what kind of chemo Todd's doing but I'm doing cysplatin with a 125mg Emend, 1or2mg Kytril, and dexamethasone 4mg 30 minutes before treatment. This is followed by 1 180mg Emend a day x2 days, 1 1mg Kytril 2xdaily for 3 days, and 2 4mg Dexamethason 2xdaily for 5 days. They also gave me another nausea med that I have not had to take. But I had one week of mild nausea but it seemed coincide with everything tasting repulsive. I just had my second chemo and don't feel ill at all and didn't the first time. Maybe this will help. I wish you luck and I also understand to that even after the last rad treatment you still feel as if you are having them for around two more weeks. I don't know if it is the same midway though treatment. I know I would hate to have to take time off simply because starting back would be mentally stressful for me. I don't have a bit of experience with what you are dealing with except with the treatment. I hope the info helps and the rest is just my thoughts. You both are in my prayers and I hope you get your answers. Lee

Lee, age 33, stage 4a, T2N2bM0, Tumor left tonsil (removed), 2 left side nodes removed (poorly differientiatied)total of 3 nodes involved. Treatment IMRT x33/ 2x Cysplatin completed. Good Health and Good Help to you.
Lee