Hello All,

My brother was able to finish his 30 radiations with a great deal of pain. He finished his radiations a month ago and the last one month he suffered a lot because of the side effects (severe mucositis). Last week he went back to the hospital and the MO gave him his 3rd round of chemo as follows

Day 1 : Cisplatin 50mg / Docetaxel 80mg and 20 mg / grafeel 300mg
Day 2 : Cisplatin 50mg / grafeel 300mg
Day 3,4,5 : grafeel 300mg

Now he is not doing well, and this is the worst time for him during this whole treatment (in the last 5 months). The MO wants to finish remaining 3 chemos and my brother does not want to go through the pain again.

I am reading some posts on this website where chemo was stopped intermittently and some people are saying with out radiation, chemo is not that useful.

Does it affect the out come at this point if he does not take the remaining 3 chemos?

Should I ask the doc to change the medicine or change the combinations? I read some where on the form where people are saying the side effects of Docetaxel are horrible?

When do they actually do the next scan to figure out how effective the treatment was and what needs to be done?

Looks like my brothers treatment took longer than most of the others because of the side effects. By god's grace he will be ok after all this pain and suffering.

Praveen