Hello all!

Thanks for all your posts. Each and every word means so much to me.

I haven't been here lately. Mom acts like she doesn't want to be alone so me & the kids are there when I'm not at work.

I have been reading all the new posts since I've been gone to see how everyone is doing. My thoughts & prayers are with you all.

My once perky, vibrant, beautiful mom is really not herself. She seems to possibly be depressed or maybe it is just her meds. Anyway, she started chemo today her intake is carboplatin & 5FU. The carboplatin is administered at the clinic while the 5FU intake is with a pump she has with her at all times.

My last post sounded so petty, I am kinda embarrassed, but anyway, the oncologist told her today that she would only have minimum hair loss, which, I think, brightened her spirits a little. Mother is so ill tempered right now (so unusual), I understand she's going through a lot but this is just not my mom, actually she's not so bad with me or my brothers just with a couple of her sisters & my other 3 sisters. They seem to get on her nerves so bad, and they are just trying to help. It seems worse about an hour before it's time to take her pain med. We are a family that is not familiar with this pain mediciene maybe we're doing something wrong. We've got her on a schedule but it may not be quite right. Every 4 hrs. we give her 2tsp liquid hydrocodone, her last dose being at 6p.m. then at 10p we give her oxycodone, (or something oxyco excuse my spelling) the doc said the oxcyco was like a suped up tylenol with a sleeping aid.
If anyone is familiar with these meds let me know and also wondering if this is a normal reaction to it. Mom has never taken pain meds before, this might be too much for her.
If you're familiar with this chemo let me know what to expect. Radiation starts next week, this is all so scary.

Well I just wanted to update you and again hear from all you wonderful people. My prayers & love to you all. Tina

Oh yeah, one other thing, I was told mom should'nt be around kids, I was just wondering what that was all about, I have a 13 year old & a 9 year old. They are not sick & they are out of school for the holidays