I am not sure if I should tell this story or not , but sometime our experiences help someone else. I went to Gastorology to get my new tube. They showed me a kit, nice little in stomach tube with a flat cap type thing on it , it lifts up when you want to feed then fits snug back on.There are 2 attachments that went with it, one like the top of the pigtail tube I had, another more fancy , it had a second opening in case you wanted to add meds while you were feeding. I really liked this whole thing! It was like the " Plaza" of feeding tubes! So this nutritionist or whatever goes to put it in, no go, she tries the smaller type no go. she gets a Doctor, he tries no go, by now I am bleeding inside, its on the tubes and coming out of the hole. They send me down to see the Radiology Technologist. I have my little kit with me that I have been told was very expensive, he looks at me under the machine and says get me a pigtail. I have the same type tube I had before. Some people have a thick stomach wall and cannot use this type of PEG. I guess that was suppose to sound good to them anyway. The very expensive one went in the trash. Moral of the story is, If it works don't fix it! I am puzzled where you all get your Pegs put in? This machine they use gives them a view of inside my stomach, I can see it out of the corner of my eye, the pigtail of the peg, bubbles and my backbone. Are you all getting yours just pushed in ? Where did you get the original PEG?

gnelson, StageIV, cancer free since Nov.9,2000