I lived off of Ensure for the better part of a year. Blue Cross paid for the canned supplements...or I should say they paid for part of it, since I was being treated outside my service area. This is a whole 'nuther issue that we can explore further in another post. What you need to do is get the insurance claim adjuster on the phone, with your Rx from your doctor for your liquid food in hand, and get through to them that this is not considered normal meals, but a prescription based diet that you are be dictated into eating to stay alive. They should also be covering your PEG system and replacement parts, bags etc. By pass that nutritionist and ask your doctor for a prescription. It is no skin off of him to write you one. He surely knows that you can't eat regular food. If you do not get results, tell them the next call will be to the state insurance commissioner. You need a Rx from your doctor to get them off of their butts. I fought with Blue Cross for months

Brian, stage 4 oral cancer survivor. OCF Founder and Director. The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant.