Hello All,

Had a new PEG tube inserted this afternoon. My weight was tracking downword due to swallowing problems. Normal weight was 145 before cancer and had it up yo 140 during last tube feedings over a year ago. Had the first PEG removed about one yesr ago.
They told me to maintain my current weight of 126 & look like a bag of bones would take 2000 calories per day. To gain weight at a rate of one pound a week input 2500 calories per day.
Thank God for insurance!!!! I am still going to work on my mouth opening with the Therebyte device and will keep trying to eat as much orally.

Went for my thrid round on the new chemo this am. (Visblastin) Given in injection form. A much shorter duration in all. 20 minutes of pre-meds for nausau, the injection and 10 more minutes and I'm done. Will continue to fight this bastard of a diaesae until I win or lose.
Thanks for everyone who has supported me during the last 2-1/2 years. You all have made me a better human being. Thank you for that!!
I still feel fine and hope this weight gain will give me back some stamina. I tire real easy.

Danny Boy

Daniel Bogan DX 7/16/03 Right tonsil,SCC T4NOMO. right side neck disection, IMRT Radiation x 33.

Recurrance in June 05 in right tonsil area. Now receiving palliative chemo (Erbitux) starting 3/9/06

Our good friend and loved member of the forum has passed away RIP Dannyboy 7-16-2006