Posted By: Daniel Bogan PEG Tube reinserted!! - 10-31-2005 07:41 PM
Hello All,

Had a new PEG tube inserted this afternoon. My weight was tracking downword due to swallowing problems. Normal weight was 145 before cancer and had it up yo 140 during last tube feedings over a year ago. Had the first PEG removed about one yesr ago.
They told me to maintain my current weight of 126 & look like a bag of bones would take 2000 calories per day. To gain weight at a rate of one pound a week input 2500 calories per day.
Thank God for insurance!!!! I am still going to work on my mouth opening with the Therebyte device and will keep trying to eat as much orally.

Went for my thrid round on the new chemo this am. (Visblastin) Given in injection form. A much shorter duration in all. 20 minutes of pre-meds for nausau, the injection and 10 more minutes and I'm done. Will continue to fight this bastard of a diaesae until I win or lose.
Thanks for everyone who has supported me during the last 2-1/2 years. You all have made me a better human being. Thank you for that!!
I still feel fine and hope this weight gain will give me back some stamina. I tire real easy.

Danny Boy
Posted By: JAM Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 10-31-2005 09:21 PM
Danny, I suspect it is the other way around-you have made many of us better human beings. Keep fighting. Amy
Posted By: Nelie Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 10-31-2005 09:29 PM
Danny, I hope you can pile on the pounds with the help of the PEG and that it makes you stronger. I'm rooting for you.

Nelie
Posted By: Kris Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 01:48 PM
Danny-
This just gives you an excuse to drink milkshakes!! Add half and half to everything to help pile on the calories, too. You have many out here in cyber land supporting you wih prayers for strength to continue the fight! Love - Kris
Posted By: Eileen Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 02:32 PM
Hi Danny,
I'm here rooting for you. With the help of the PEG and the holidays coming with all those desserts and other sweets, you should be able to add some pounds.

Take care,
Eileen
Posted By: netteq Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 02:46 PM
Were pulling for you Danny! Your fight is inspiring to all!

With Love,
Cindy
Posted By: Andrea Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 03:55 PM
Danny Boy, Thanks so much for the update. Hope your weight and strength comes back soon!

Andrea
Posted By: helen.c Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 05:13 PM
Danny
Get some red wine dowm the peg!!!!!
love ya
Sunshine.. love and hugs
Helen
Posted By: David Rex Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 05:56 PM
Hi Danny,

What a pain to have to keep up the calories. Something that you took for granted and now it becomes a chore. But....suck it down boy!!! We want you to pack on the pounds. Your insight and encouragement are welcome joys to our hearts.

So is golf season over for you up there in Wisconsin? I hate to rub it in Danny Boy, but today, down here, south of Atlanta, we have perfect golfing weather. 71 degrees. Please do not send down your cold front. I will swing a few clubs in your honor and if I have a bad shot then it was YOUR swing and not mine.

Love you and stay encouraged my friend.

Love, Brenda
Posted By: Carol L Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-01-2005 07:38 PM
Love you Danny Boy!!!!Carol
Posted By: aussieh Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-03-2005 12:01 AM
Thinking of you Danny. Thankyou for the update. Love Helen
Posted By: tizz Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-03-2005 12:30 AM
Hey Danny, thinking of you, and I might send you that cat again cool

Tizz
Posted By: digtexas Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-03-2005 10:36 PM
Hello Danny Boy,
Hang in there, old dude, we want you to have enough strength so that after the winter thaw you will be ready to split a few fairways with your driver. It is just now getting to be great golf weather down here in Texas.

My wife and I just returned from a Mediteranean cruise and I have been completely out of touch and I wanted you other live ones to know that I am alive and well, as well!

Stay well Danny Boy,

Danny G.
Posted By: Barb Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-04-2005 11:14 AM
You are number one on my list everyday Danny. Someday when we meet there will be no such word as cancer. What a day that will be.
We are all with you and I can send you more than a few pounds if you like. Goodness knows I have enough to spare. smile

Hugs and snugs!
Blue~
Posted By: Mandi Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-04-2005 10:05 PM
Dear Danny,

You've floored me once again with your loving soul!!!!!

Just so everyone else is on the same page, a couple of weeks ago, I made a comment to Danny about the cheese curds, or "turds", (as Danny and my boys so like to refer to them), that he sent us while Dennis was in treatment. My family loved them, and I was wondering where I might order more from Maryland.

Yesterday I came home to a UPS package.....straight from Danny, filled with the most aromatic, tasty cheeses you've ever experienced. Straight from the cow! smile

Boy, I love you so much. If you ever need me for anything.....please just pick up the phone or email me. I'll be there for you anyway I can. You are the lesson I was sent here to learn.

Being your friend has enriched my life in ways you will never understand. One day we WILL break that bread...........it may be with the angels.........but they will rejoice the meeting of two kindred souls along with us!

You are one of a kind Danny Boy,

I love you,
Mandi
Posted By: minniea Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-05-2005 12:29 AM
Hi Danny,
The PEG was the least troublesome part of my treatment, I hope it's the same for you. I'm sorry you had to have it re-inserted but glad that it's available and will help you with the weight issues.
I think of you daily.
Love,
Minnie
Posted By: mellay Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-05-2005 04:07 PM
Danny,
Start packing on those pounds. I hope you get some of your strenght back. We all all behind you.

Melissa
Posted By: djbattle Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-08-2005 08:48 PM
Danny,
Thank you so much for helping me out when I first posted. My husband is almost done with the chemo and radiation (another week or so). When I first joined this forum you were one of the first people to respond and reassure. I know that my husband and myself wouldn't have been able to get this far if it wasn't for you and your encouragement. Keep on fighting and please know that we're cheering for you. You've been an inspiration to alot of people, like me that often just read and don't post alot. I'll be thinking of you trying to fatten up as I try to fatten my husband too. Thanks again for everything, Denise
Posted By: Candace2 Re: PEG Tube reinserted!! - 11-08-2005 10:47 PM
Danny: I want to echo Denise's comments. I don't post a lot but I read a lot, mostly trying to gather information & knowledge (to help my brother & his wife). You have inspired me with your courage & grace. You are an inspiration on how to live life in the face of adversity. I don't have cancer but there are days when I need inspiration and you are a terrific source! You have been very helpful & sharing. I read your posts and am inspired, you are very open and optimistic! Thanks you and keep fighting - Candace
© Oral Cancer Support - Survivor / Patient Forum