Jennifer,

I hope this post finds you home from the doctor with good news. I, too, have been reading Tonya's posts and am having a hard time with them too. Who said grown men don't cry?

Take the codiene as long as you need to. No need to suffer. I probably stopped too soon.

A laptop is a nice convenience. Wish I had had one. I had my surgery on 4/6 and was back to work (on a modified schedule) on 5/3. Needed a nap every night that week. The next week I had a full schedule. But don't forget, I did not have a tongue graft. Take as much time as you need. Fatigue sets in very rapidly.

I will email Eva again with your phone number, now that I have it. She may be away for a week, but who knows, she may check her email while away. Here is a link to her web site where she discusses her cancer and an organization that she founded: http://www.evagrayzel.com/red_balloon.shtml

If you can, check out the whole site. She is quite a remarkable woman.

I'll be praying for good news today.

Jerry

Jerry

Retired Dentist, 59 years old at diagnosis. SCC of the left lateral border of the tongue (Stage I). Partial glossectomy and 30 nodes removed, 4/6/05. Nodes all clear. No chemo no radiation 18 year survivor.

"Whatever doesn't kill me, makes me stronger"